Greek & Greek Style Yoghurt
Greek Yoghurt is the most popular fermented dairy product in Greece. During the past few decades the production of Greek yoghurt has experienced a significant growth worldwide, as a result of a strong consumer turn to this healthy snacking option. Besides, the introduction of wide variety of added fruits to the yoghurt has made the product a tasty and healthy choice for consumers of any age.
Greek Yoghurt Facts
- Greek Yoghurt is the trendiest food in the U.S. right now
- In 2012 Greek yogurt accounted for almost 50 percent of the total U.S. yogurt market, up from 4 percent in 2008. Considered to be one of the fastest growing food categories of all time, Greek yogurt is now a driving force for the $4 billion yogurt industry in America, an incredible figure, given that Greek yogurt was just a drop in the milk bucket just five years ago.
- Why should we go Greek? The answer: High Protein, Low Fat, All Natural, Live dairy bacteria, High Calcium, Indulgence
The popularity of Greek and Greek-style yoghurts in the US over the past five years has triggered the beginning of a similar growth in Europe . Health and wellness is a key driver across dairy in general, and Greek and Greek Style yoghurts score especially well with consumers since they are a good source of protein, calcium and other nutrients.
Why AlindaVelco? Experience that Matters
AlindaVelco has been a pioneer in Greek Yoghurt technology since the '80s. The solutions developed for this application by AlindaVelco can be used to produce high protein, zero, low and full fat Greek and Greek Style Yoghurt.
In AlindaVelco, we pay special attention at providing dairy ingredients to deliver superior texture and taste to your Greek and Greek Style yoghurt products. Our product portfolio includes milk proteins for all types of set and stirred Greek yoghurt.
Our Technology is based on the addition of Special Milk Protein Fractions into Fresh Milk.
Our tailor made solutions can guarantee 100% yield without whey drainage, which means lower production cost and a healthier environment.
Advantages of our products:
- Milky and high yoghurt flavour due to the selected protein solutions of AlindaVelco
- Thick, smooth and creamy structure despite high levels of protein even in low/0% fat variants
- Shiny texture after stirring and pumping the product (smoothing process)
- Clean Label
- 100% yield
- No acid whey drainage. Environmentally Friendly
"AlindaVelco Milk Proteins for Greek and Greek Style Yoghurt. There is no other whey out !!!"